Welcome to Poplar Avenue Elementary School!
To ensure the academic and emotional success of all our students in a positive family environment.
To become a school in our district and region recognized for high levels of student success, academic achievement, social-emotional learning, educational leadership, and community involvement.
- Students will meet grade-level standards in all academic areas.
- Teachers will provide primary instruction using research based strategies.
- Teams will use common assessments to drive and refine instructional practices and interventions
Social Emotional Achievement
- Develop a relationship with all students and have multiple points of adult contact for each student.
- Become a Trauma-informed school
In order to achieve our vision of student academic achievement, we the Poplar Avenue staff will...
- Each be part of a collaborative team.
- Meet at least one time per week for about 50 minutes.
- Identify the essential learning targets.
- Use common formative and summative assessments (daily/weekly on site level).
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 Interventions based on formative assessments on essentials.
- Provide enrichment to students meeting essentials.
- Provide Tier 3 interventions to those who don’t respond to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Interventions.
In order to achieve our vision of success in social-emotional learning, we the Poplar Avenue staff will...
- Recognize the role trauma plays in students and staff.
- Investigate and implement multiple strategies to address individual student’s social-emotional needs.
- Develop a matrix with tiered supports.
- Have counseling services readily available on campus daily.
- Each know every student.
In order to achieve our vision of educational leadership, we the Poplar Avenue staff will...
- Welcome adults -parents, colleagues, and community members- into our classroom.
- Take risks and push ourselves outside our comfort zones to improve our professional practice.
- Have individual planned professional growth goals.
- Have collective professional development growth goals.
In order to achieve our vision of community involvement, we the Poplar Avenue staff will...
- Communicate weekly with families on a classroom level.
- Communicate monthly on a schoolwide level.
- Share student progress and data with students and families on a frequent and regular basis.
- Provide engaging family and community events on a regular basis.
- Reach out to parents outside of our classroom families.